and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

I Feel Such a Peace Today

     It was earlier this morning and I had my list of things to do. There were a jillion things that I had to get done. So, I prioritized, and worried a bit about what I could actually achieve as opposed to what I wished I could achieve. I wished I had more energy to accomplish more, that there was less to do in the house, that I could do more for hubby who has been really great since I got hurt, that I could do more to help more people, pray more, clear up more jobs around the house…

     You understand, especially if you’re a woman. The mind hardly ever stops. There are always things to do. But I decided to put all that aside this morning and talk with God. Cleaned up an area just a bit so I’d have room to worship ‘Vicky’ style- one song and the Lord reminded me to pay an important bill. That done, I sat down with Him and whoosh (no, not peace) conviction hit me like a tidal wave. I was so busy prioritizing my plans, my tasks, my life…


     I deeply felt the shame of my sin; the years of waste, hours on games, puzzles, tv, all the while justifying it by excuses. So after repenting of my sin I asked what He wanted my priorities to be. In my spirit I heard, “People are your priority; always people.” And He gave me three specific names: one He told me to do something for (weeks ago), one who I helped a few months ago but haven’t spent any time with lately, and another He told me about a few days ago, all of whom I have neglected because of my list of priorities. “I’ll get those things done after…”

     His presence was strong and I felt His love pouring into me, not for me, but for me to show others. There were names of people flowing through my mind, ‘His priority’ that I need to show more love to. Add a tiny chastisement about dealing with family. There I stayed until He told me to go make that phone call about which I’d been procrastinating. Really? What a way to spoil the moment! lol When I was done the call I thought, hmmm, by allowing Him to direct me I was getting more done in a shorter time. Interesting.

     Failed to be directed by the Lord’s agenda a few times since then because other issues cropped up… but I’m trying to do better- catching myself sooner. Lord, please continue to have patience with me… Thank You, for this peace that really does pass all understanding. (Php. 4:7)

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Jh. 14:27


     As a footnote- I have been very impatient (for months now) with my Mom who is not remembering well at all, is getting confused and a little paranoid. It usually takes less than 15 minutes before frustration comes out in my tone. I was over there for about 3 hours in the evening and did not feel frustration at all. In fact, she told stories, we laughed, and I actually enjoyed the conversation with a new heart of love for her. This is a miracle to me. Wow, God! You are awesome!!!